fredag 31 augusti 2012

Don’t ever go to sleep facing a mirror or else...

I had just come home from a tiring day. I had to stay in school until eight because I had failed a Math test and had to go for extra lessons. I was so freaking tired. Mom and Dad were overseas for a little vacation for a few days so I was all alone at home. I was brushing my teeth while looking at myself in the mirror. It was a beautiful circular mirror with intricate designs on the glass. Mom bought it for a hundred bucks at an auction. It had been in our house for a few years. I remembered how as a little kid Mom would tell me an old Chinese superstition. “You must never sleep facing a mirror,” she warned me, “or your soul will go into the mirror and live in it.” A part of me dismissed her words as a chunk of nonsense, but another part of me believed her and hence there were no mirrors in my bedroom. I proceeded to bend down and rinse my mouth. What I saw when I looked up again had me shell shocked for the rest of my life. My face in the mirror wasn’t my face in the mirror. It was the face of a girl with BIG, really, really BIG, white eyes and long black hair. And her lips were redder than the reddest of lips. Blood was dripping down her chin and onto her white dress. Her white eyes had that gloomy look about them. It was almost as if she looked really sad. I wanted to reach out to touch her, to tell her everything was okay. That nothing was going to go wrong. I felt like I was partially hypnotized. Theklights in the bathroom went off. That snapped me out of my little trance. I jumped, taken aback. Suddenly, the girl in the mirror said in a high-pitched, girly, sinister voice, “I need to esssssssssscape… Out of thissssssss mirror… Help meeeeee…” I tried to move a step back but to no avail. I tried to move the rest of my body but couldn’t. I made an attempt to scream, but nothing came out of my mouth. I could only watch the girl/half-snake move three inches closer towards me in the mirror. At any moment now, she would probably get out of the mirror like how the long-haired girl from that horror movie got out of the television and kill me. No. No. That was not going to happen. Mentally teetering on the verge of panic, I struggled even ha2der than before. I tried to turn around and run. Still, nothing happened. The girl continued to inch closer towards me in the mirror. Shit. Any moment now… But she didn’t. “Sssssleeeeeeeeeep fasssssssing thissssssss mirror toniiiiiiiight. And yooooooou will not ssssssssuffer.” And she vanished. In her place was me. Me, sweating like I had just run a forty-kilometer marathon, with eyes wide like saucers, but still me. I tried to move my arms and it worked! It worked! I could move my legs, my head, my knees, my whole entire fucking body! I had never been so relieved. But that relief was soon replaced by what the girl, or snake, or whatever, had told me just now. No. I wasn’t going to sleep facing the mirror tonight. No way. I would rather go to school naked than sleep facing a mirror. I would rather eat shit than sleep facing a fucking mirror. All of that, the girl, the mirror, whatever, was probably a nightmare I had. I looked into the mirror again. Seeing my own reflection, I was fully convinced that it was all nothing and rinsed my mouth, changed into my PJs and went to bed. That was probably the best decision I had ever made in my whole entire fucking life. I woke up the next day to find out I wasn’t on my bed. It didn’t take me long to find out that I was in a hospital. Bandages were all over my body. Some were even covering the bottom half of my face. Suddenly, the memory of the terrifying nightmare I had during the previous night came flooding back into my head. And I began to wonder what happened after that. Why did I even end up in the hospital? I tried to call out for a nurse but all that came out of my mouth was a noise which sounded like a chicken was being strangled. A nurse appeared beside me. “Oh, you’ve woken up!” she said in a cheery voice. “I’m sorry but part of your house was burned down last night. The firemen rescued you just in time. Your mom and dad have booked flight tickets back here. You could’ve died back there, you know? “The police thought that everything else in that part of your house was gone in the fire, but they were wrong. They managed to find a circular mirror which wasn’t even burnt in your bathroom. Just about everything else in that part of your house was either badly burnt or gone.” My eyes widened. The nurse chuckled. “I know, right? I guess the mirror is a magical one. Ha ha! Anyway, your mom and dad decided they didn’t want it anymore because it seemed like the mirror had been giving them bad luck ever since they bought it. According to what I had heard yesterday, they wanted to get rid of it but were really busy so they kept forgetting about it until the fire happened. When they found out that the mirror was the only thing in that part of your house that wasn’t either badly burnt or reduced to ashes, they were so shocked that they decided to sell it to a friend who was interested in mirrors.” She shrugged. “You okay?” I nodded. “Good. I’m going to attend to the other patients. If you need anything, call me, okay?” she smiled and walked away. So, there you go – a Creepypasta with a nice ending. Just don’t ever go to sleep facing a mirror or else. Credit To: iloveitpink (http://iloveitpink.tumblr.com/)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar